Wednesday, June 8, 2011

G'day from Montana's outback

G'day everyone, the artists Australian rep here. I have been keeping him busy painting and doing shows so we must apologies for missing a couple of weeks of blogging. (Actually the dinky die story is that I threatened him with "if you do not do your weekly blog post then I will do it for you") which he sternly told me he would not allow to happen for he is the artist. Well as I said G'day everyone!
So what shall I have a good old yarn about..........

well, we have been doing more shows and will get even busier with that over the next couple of months. The next two up are a painting demonstration here in Helena at Capital Sports and then the 17,18,19th we will be in Missoula, doing the Under the Big Sky Festival. Outside show, but don't let the non stop rain and flooding rivers stop you from coming to say G'day, after all this is Montana where nothing is daunting. Loren has been painting a lot of masterpieces (I told him as a big hot shot AWS signature member now he can not paint anything else but masterpieces) to which he gave me the "LOOK". The "Kovich look" as I call it, but all you ladies will understand that whatever man you have in your life will give you the "LOOK" at some point. We were in the very small but quaint town of Ovando just recently and stopped in at the local fly fishing shop. To our surprise we learnt that the owners have had a print of Loren's hanging in their home for about 11 years, painting of the Blackfoot River, so they were thrilled to have the artist himself standing in their shop. (sorry no image of the piece, but a brief description of it...fly-fisherman casting on the river on a misty day) (psst! if you might like a print of this Blackfoot River painting just give us a shout,)

Going to sign off now.......my artist will tell me I am talking to much......now do you understand why he said I could not do this?

This watercolor piece is titled "Canadian Neighbors"
not a new piece but one of my favorites. Very vibrant colors then most of his watercolor scenes. (yes it is for sale)

Ta Ta Mates!

No comments:

Post a Comment